Please visit aofxzuza.github.io instead
I have tired to install server with GUI (not GNOME Desktop, there are a lot of package that’s not necessary for me).
This blog, I would like to remind my self for php server and laravel installations on CentOS 7 follow step below.
- If you are installing on a regular PC, you can burn it to an optical disk or create a bootable USB flash drive. Otherwise, just attach the ISO image using the virtual machine software of your choice.
- Start machine and select “Install CentOS 7“.
- Configure installation
*Select “Minimal Install” for “SOFTWARE SELECTION“.
Complete setting up. Then click “Begin Installation“.
- Set root password and create user while installing CentOS 7.
Set root password
create new user, also make this user as administrator.
- Reboot after installation completed.
- Now we have minimal installation.
- Login and install gnome
$sudo yum groupinstall &amp;quot;X Window System&amp;quot; $sudo yum install gnome-classic-session gnome-terminal nautilus-open-terminal control-center liberation-mono-fonts $sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target $reboot
Now we have server with minimal gnome